(Last Updated: 02nd June 2023)
Cookies – small text (a piece of data) files created while using a website and recording information in the user’s web browser or on the device from which such Website was accessed. Cookies are widely used to make websites and other applications work or work more efficiently and help them remember certain information and recognise your Internet browser. Cookies may last until you close your browser (“session” cookies) or over repeat visits (“persistent” cookies).
First Party cookies – cookies are associated with a web domain and can only be sent back to the domain they are associated with.
Third-Party Cookies – cookies are associated with elements from other web services, such as advertising partners, social networking sites or other content providers.
We use cookie files, including third-party tools on the Website https://biolights.ua (from now on referred to as “Website”) to ensure its correct operation. Also, we may collect aggregated data about the Website use to improve our performance and manage our marketing and service notifications. You can disable some of our cookies; however, this might affect our Website’s usability.
3. What are cookies used for?
A standard cookie file contains information about the identification of your web browser and device, not the particular user. This cookie can remember your settings and browsing history on the Website, optimises your use of the Website and saves your selected parameters.
Some cookies we use can contain more detailed information, even the information that can help identify you. However, your additional identification data can only be entered by you and be provided to us knowingly and only if you consent to it.
Cookies are widely used to support website operation, improve user experience quality, and provide information to website owners.
Cookies can remain on your computer or mobile device for different periods. Some cookies are “session cookies,” meaning that they exist while your browser is open only. These are deleted automatically once you close your browser. Other cookies are “permanent cookies,” meaning they survive after your browser closes. Websites can use them to recognise your computer when you open your browser and browse the Internet again.
Please visit these websites to find out more detailed information about cookies:
We use cookie files such as beacons, tags, and scripts to:
- allow you to use our Website, in other words, for the functioning of our Website;
- collect statistical data. The information collected through cookies allows us to improve the Website with usage data and patterns. For example, to see which pages of the Website are the most popular and how users interact with them;
- analyse how people interact with us, which lets us improve our services;
- offer you content based on the pages of our Website you have previously visited.
To ensure the efficient use of our Website, your computer or mobile device can receive cookies in the following cases:
- recording such data as your choice of language and country so that we can customise our Website according to your preferences;
- providing you with access to and use of the Company’s services;
- to make your interactions with the Website faster;
- to recognise you when you visit our Website once again and to personalise Company’s services;
- providing you with customers support;
- to detect and prevent fraudulent or illegal activities on our Website;
- to evaluate the efficiency of our Website, including the marketing information offered by it;
- to show you relevant advertising on and off our Website and measure the performance of such advertising (we may work with our partners to show you ads on or off our Website, such as after you’ve visited a partner’s Website).
5. What types of cookies do we use?
This classification of cookies is based on the International Chamber of Commerce’s Cookie Guide
1) Strictly necessary cookies
Using cookies is essential in providing our services and does not require user consent. The Website cannot function properly without these cookies. If you block these files, you will not be able to use our Website’s essential features, including ordering our services.
Strictly necessary (technical) cookies are required to ensure the correct browsing through and use of the Website features to:
- freely navigate throughout the Website;
- remember the previous actions when the user returns to the page in the same session;
- ensure safe user access to secure areas of the Website and use the full scale of its features;
- distinguish between humans and bots;
- interact with the Website applications and conveniently navigate through its services;
- fill out our application form.
Usually, these category cookies collect none of your Personal data. Necessary cookies ensure the user’s safety during their stay on the Website and management of the Website resources selected by the user, their authentication, and protection during work with services and other functionality.
2) Performance cookies
Performance (or statistic) cookies are used for the anonymous collection of statistics data, analysis of our services’ Website performance and quality. This data includes:
- web analytics (counting the number of visitors to ensure sustainable and reliable operation);
- partner tracking (it is used to send an anonymous message to our partners that one of our visitors has also visited their Website);
- error management (measuring errors presented on the Website and finding their causes to improve the Website performance);
- tracking technologies (required to prevent any fraudulent actions and potential security risks);
- ad response rates (used to analyse how efficient our information is).
We use Google Analytics to track performance data. It is an analytical web service provided by third-party supplier Google, Inc. Users may disable cookies or delete any individual cookie. For detailed information, please visit the following web page: Google Analytics and data privacy.
3) Functionality cookies
Functionality cookies are permanent and help personalise the Website content according to the client’s selected preferences and to:
- remember the user’s choice of region and language;
- recognize the user’s devices and authenticate the user;
- support location-based tools to identify user’s location;
- use the selected service.
Cookies in this category analyse your actions during the use of the Website.
4) Targeted advertising cookies
Targeted advertising (marketing) cookies are intended to interact with third parties through tracking technology for content delivery by placing on our behalf targeted ads matching your interests on our Website and third-party websites based on how you interact with the application, ads or content. It helps:
- to improve the relevance and personalisation of marketing actions;
- to limit the number of repeated marketing actions or displayed ads;
- to measure the efficiency of marketing/advertising campaigns;
- to identify a returning user’s device;
- to deliver a series of advertisement products, such as real-time bidding from third-party advertisers.
Third parties manage cookies in this category. Please refer to the table below for detailed information about privacy protection when using third-party websites.
6. 3rd party cookies
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. Read here. We use Google AdSense to publish ads on the Website. When you view or click on an ad, a cookie will be set to help better provide advertisements that may interest you on our Website and other websites. You may opt out of this cookie by visiting Google’s Advertising and Privacy page.
7. Managing cookies by customising your browser
You can refuse to accept, limit the use or completely remove cookies by customizing your browser accordingly. Your browser settings are available at the following links:
☞ Chrome ☞ Firefox ☞ Opera ☞ Microsoft Edge
Important! Personalised browser settings may result in limited access to specific sections of the Website or incomplete operation. It will also prevent the identification of your devices and relevant information collection, which means that:
- we will not be aware of your rejection of behavioural ads; this is why third-party banners will be displayed again when you are browsing through other websites;
8. Detailed information about our cookies
This table contains the most common cookies used by us and the description of these cookies:
|Targeted advertising (marketing)|
We do not plan to perform any profiling using the data collected through the cookies used on the Website.
10. Final conditions
E-mail: [email protected]
11. Enabling/disabling and customizing cookies
Please note: Performance, Functionality, and Targeted advertising cookies are disabled by default (if you have not enabled them); therefore, using the Website features for you is limited.
To get unlimited navigation capabilities and full-featured use of all sections of our Website, we recommend that you give your consent to our application of all categories of cookies, confirming your choice by pressing the “Accept all cookies” button. At the same time, you can choose “Advanced settings” or “Decline all cookies”.